Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is there a nice way to tell your ex girlfriend that you want to be left alone and not be friends?

Ex girlfriend (broke up last spring) recently contacted me to go out after not really talking to me for several months. She got a rebound guy pretty quick. We went out for almost 3 years, great relationship. We even moved in a house together that she bought. I hinted I wanted to maybe break up because she didn't seem into it anymore and then she ended up dumping me.





Anyway, she asked me out to dinner saying she'd love to see me. I live pretty close so we met up at the nearby dogpark and I brought my pup and we walked to a restaurant. I didn't bring up getting back together (I did after we brokeup and got no response). It was obvious chemistry was still there. I walked her home and her boyfriend's cars were in the carport (he must have moved in a while back). She said I looked great (not in a seductive way or anything like that) and she wanted to meet again. I expressed my concern of hanging out while she had a boyfriend and I nicely said that I don't think we should see each other anymore and I walked home. This was almost 2 weeks ago. The weird thing is that she has never brought up her bf. I only knew it because I saw them in public a couple times over the summer, but I assumed they broke up recently because she just started contacting me recently after ignoring me for several months with the exception of an occasional text/mixed message (so I ignored her a couple times before contacting her).





I don't know what her intentions are, but I have stated in the past that I don't want to be just friends. I think she will send another casual text around the holidays. I either want to work things out and get back together or just let this be completely with no contact whatsoever. I tried months ago getting closure and couldn't get her to really talk. What is likely going on with her? How do I tell her in a nice way to not contact me anymore without seeming like a huge jerk?Is there a nice way to tell your ex girlfriend that you want to be left alone and not be friends?
Dude, move on. If my gf found out that I went to walk the dogs with an ex-gf, she would FLIP-OUT!! If she would do this with you while having a CURRENT bf, then she will do the same to you if you two reunited. Sounds to me that she doesn't take her relationships very seriously. You need to regroup and find someone new. COMPLETELY ignore her.Is there a nice way to tell your ex girlfriend that you want to be left alone and not be friends?
It sounds that she is most interested in the excitement of running around and the rush of the moment. She apparently has convinced herself that your an easy mark and believes that anytime she comes calling that you will respond the way she expects you to respond. I have been there done that. I was used not only for money but for the time that I should have had with my daughter. Remember smiling faces don't always mean they are telling the truth. Be careful and just be firm and clear that you mean what you say and most likely she will be angry with you for a bit of time but the downside is that most likely she end up liking you even more. Which turns into a whole different ball of fun then. But I will share that with you later if you need me to, good luck.
hey man, from your Q i can feel u r only playing hard to get and want to f..uck her so badly..... oooooh u r a bad boy... shame,, shame,,.. LOL... just don't play innocent....okay..??!! r u some kind of a psycho weirdo or something...?! U R SOOOOO ANNOYING.... SHEESH...!!! she is too good for uuuuuuuu


It also sounds to me u r only a player.. who only likes to chase her but after she broke up with her boyfriend u want her to leave u alone.... U CAN'T JUST PLAY GAMES WITH PEOPLES HEART..!!!


U NEED TO GROW UP AND BE MORE RESPONSIBLE!!!


SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!! U R ONLY A WASTE....
You can just stop being available. If she emails, don't reply. If she emails again, say you've been busy. If she calls, don't answer or don't talk to her. If she texts, ignore it. You can say ';I'm really busy so I'm not going to have time to reply. Have a good new year'; or something.


And stop contacting her. There's no way it will ever work out.
No matter HOW you put it to her, you'll be a jerk. As a man you're instantly the jerk.





You're right about the new bf being a rebound. She thought the grass would be greener and found out it wasn't. And NOW she throws out the hints of possibly hooking up again. No way bro! If I were you I'd run like a scalded dog. She wants to hook %26amp; reel you back in again. Screw that.





I'd just let het text/calls go unanswered. Or if you want, just tell her (politely) ';It ain't happening'; and go about business as usual. And stop pining over this girl. You wanted to break up and you got your wish when she did break up (with you) last spring. I fail to see the problem. You don't need the headache bro.
I have actually had this kind of thing happen with me in almost every one of my relationships - they break it off then want to keep ';peeking'; at my life - enough in it to keep them on my mind but not enough into it to heal what they put me through or to give me closure or fix it....it would be different if she approached you with an adult explanation of her sudden re-interest in you, but apparently your just supposed to guess all this or keep her entertained until you do - not a healthy place for you.





I think you need to realize how cavalier she is being with your feelings and don't worry too much about YOU being the one looking like the jerk here and just tell her to leave you in peace that your ship has sailed and move on with your life....





and its likely she must be wanting to see if there are some strings she can still pull since SHE is not acknowledging the other guy either in the affirmative nor dismissive....

No comments:

Post a Comment